If you would like to work with me, please get in touch:
I'm based in Islington, London, UK.
A bit about me
I'm a friendly, passionate, easy going individual. I like to be reliable, laugh as much as possible, listen well and build great things: brands that deeply resonate, apps and websites that enable intuitive comprehension and/or task completion.
I am very driven and have an independent and tenacious mindset.
I have freelanced for a large range of design and advertising agencies - around Soho, Shoreditch and Clerkenwell - and have created, managed and run a number of my own businesses along the way. I am naturally entrepreneurial and multi-skilled, a self-starter with an analytical penchant. I'm interested in anything and everything, bar Death metal and James Joyce’s Ulysses.
I work well individually or as part of a team and can call on a large network of talented friends to complete project goals.
- User-centric thinking
- Strategic design thinking
- Information architecture
- UX & UI design and prototyping
- AI integrated design processes
- iOS and Android app design
- Brand creation - crafting a visual language that intrinsically represents an organisation
- Analysis and investigation of an organisation's DNA with a goal of implementing visual change
- Design systems, component systems and guidelines
- Coding HTML, CSS and JS and/or liaising with developers
- A broad range of web application experience, from very large, information-heavy websites to boutique, high-end fashion/brochure sites
- Comprehensive understanding of website performance methods
- Working knowledge of web servers, Git, Node, Mac systems, Command line, SVGs, SVG/SMIL animation
- Angular development environment experience
- Creating and leading discovery workshops with key stakeholders across web, naming and branding
- Portrait photoshoots
- Development of studio processes to optimise workflow
- Management of projects and teams
- Comprehensive knowledge of high-end print and proofing techniques
- Typography - Attention to detail, layout nuances, custom font creation, organisation and systems
Who I've worked for
I have worked with a broad range of clients, in a number of differing settings: from biotech companies to West End shows, medical technology to City law and finance firms; fashion, cultural/arts businesses, start-ups to large global businesses.
When I'm not designing or coding, I spend time with my family, creating challenging lego custom builds, playing football and generally larking around with my kids. I do a bit of interior design for myself and friends, and also like to do the physical 'graft' on building projects too! I am passionate about efficiently designed, well-considered living spaces.
I also have an interest in theology, writing children"s books and generally helping others; nature, day dreaming and design/art history and evolution; animation, practical jokes and craft beer (but not ultra geeky); Manga, Futurism and Science fiction.